Lifeline Benefit Discount
Below is information on the Lifeline Benefit Discount which helps families in need obtain voice and broadband connectivity services.
Our residential telephone customers may qualify to reduce their phone bill by up to $10.75 per month. Completing an online verification form will determine eligibility for the Lifeline Program for Low-Income Consumers.
The Lifeline Benefit discount is also available to Residential customers with Internet (Broadband) service. The monthly cost of the Internet service will be reduced by $9.25.
The discount is limited to one per household.
Please call the business office and a customer Service Representative will be happy to answer any questions you may have: 1-833-673-9911
* These rights do not necessarily apply to non-ETC Companies and may not apply to all customers.
For more information, please visit https://www.usac.org/lifeline/
If you, or a member of your household, participates in one or more of the qualifying programs, you may be eligible for this discount.
- Medicaid (Federal)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Veterans Pension and Survivor Benefit
- Federal Public Housing Assistance; and/or
- An applicant is also eligible if they have a household income at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines
FCC Affordable Connectivity Program
The Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) is a Federal Communications Commission (FCC) program that provides a discount on monthly broadband bills for qualifying low-income households. The discount is up to $30.00 a month on broadband service and up to $75.00 a month discount if the household is on qualifying Tribal lands.
Through its ILEC, which serves residential customers based in certain areas of Maine (see list below), FirstLight will provide the discount to eligible Maine households.
Customer Support, Service, Billing and Repair for These Maine Towns:
Maine – in Albany Township (parts of), Andover, Bethel, Bryant Pond, Buckfield, Canton, Hartford, Hebron, Locke Mills, Mason Township (parts of), Minot (parts of), Newry, North Norway, North Turner, Roxbury Pond, Sumner, Turner, Upton, West Bethel, West Paris, Woodstock.
A household is eligible if one member of the household:
- Qualifies for the Lifeline program (SNAP, Medicaid, SSI, Federal Public Housing Assistance, Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit);
- Receives benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision, or did so in the 2019-2020, 2020-2021 or 2021-2022 school year;
- Received a Federal Pell grant during the current award year;
- Receives Special Supplemental Nutritional Program for Woman, Infants and Children (WIC); or
- Has an income threshold of at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty guidelines.
FirstLight customers eligible and interested in registering for the program can apply through the National Verifier at https://www.affordableconnectivity.gov/.
NOTE: Customers who qualify through the National Verifier must contact Customer Service at 1-833-673-9911, option #3 to inform FirstLight of eligibility. Lifeline customers do not need to apply via the National Verifier, but need only contact Customer Service to express their wish to participate.
For general information about the national program, visit www.fcc.gov/acp